For quite some time, I have been a stresser (actually if I am being honest it has been pretty much my whole life 🙂 ). In the past months, I have started to identy and tackle some of the things that stress me out the most. One of those is organization. When I am not organized, it can play a big factor in how I feel. I get stressed out not knowing that everything is organized and will be taken care of.
One of the things I did to help get organized was make something to hold my insurance and registration cards for my cars. They had been in the glove box, buried under maps. It made it hard to find them when it came time to update the cards. Plus, I wanted to be able to quickly ensure that all the cars had the paperwork they needed.
I made these holders using boxes food came in, and scraps of paper/old calendars. I really liked how they turned out! Now, not only can I find what I am looking for quickly in my glove box, but there is a bright spot of fun. 🙂 If you would like to make your own, I included the directions for the ones I made.
- A box with thin cardboard (like a box that crackers or noddles might come in)
- A clear page protector
- Scrapbook paper, an old calendar, or wrapping paper
- Double Stick tape
- Scotch tape
- Wasabi (decorative) tape
- Out of the cardboard box, cut two 8″ x 5″ pieces (Figure 1).
- Cover the outside of the pieces (the side with writing/images on it) with either scrapbook paper, a calendar page, or wrapping paper. Use double stick tape to adhere the covering to the cardboard (Figure 2).
- Cut two pieces of plastic from the clear page protector that measure 8″ x 4″ (Figure 3).
- Place on piece of plastic on the un-decorated side of one of the cardboard pieces. Line up the plastic and cardboard against the long edge (Figure 4).
- Using the decorative tape, tape the plastic piece to the cardboard. Put half of the tape (lengthwise) along the side with the plastic. Then fold over the tape to the other side of the cardboard (Figure 5). Do this to the three sides that the plastic is touching.
- Take the two pieces of cardboard, and hold them together with the plastic side in. Make sure the two sides that don’t have any tape are together.
- Using the decorative tape, tape the two edges together so they form a book.
- Open up the book you just made. Run a strip of regular tape down the middle of the book so it has extra support.
- Put your insurance and registration cards in, and put it in your car.
I hope that this will also help you with getting oranized in your life, or give you a fun project to do!