It is the same thing that has happened to countless others. It has different looks and forms, but the root is the same: stagnancy. Those of us who eat out far more often than we should, because it is easy than meal planning and cooking. Those of us who are too busy to exercise, organize, learn, or enjoy the moments. Those of us who are slowly becoming tired and overworked without even realizing it.
I am one of those people. I have come to realize that I am one of those people who has a terrible diet, no exercise, and a life that feels like it is in chaos. Don’t get me wrong: I love being a mother and wife. I have a good job, and a sweet white cat. I also have a roof over my head and a car to drive. I am blessed to have all these things, and I am grateful for them everyday.
However, I can feel myself becoming overwhelmed. I eat out almost every day because it is easy. I lose sleep because I stay up late cleaning the house. I am tired so often, that I have a hard time enjoying the time I get to spend with my family. All this dawned on me one day, and I decided that I wanted to change. I want to live a long time and watch my baby grow up. That might not happen if I continue to eat garbage and stress all the time. It is time for me to take action.
“Your Life does not get better by chance, it gets better by change”-Jim Rohn
My goals for this blog are varied. While I want to do some obvious things, I also want to improve some of my other skills. It is going to take some time, but I have made a list on how I want to improve myself:
- Diet Goals:
- Use the DASH diet to get control of my eating
- Get my anemia under control
- Eat food for diabetes prevention
- Get my GERD under control
- Prepare my body for pregnancy
- Build my endurance
- Body strength
- Exercise for back injury prevention
- Increase my arm strength
- Strengthen pelvic floor for delivering a baby
- Increase my shoulder flexibility
- Knowledge base that will allow me to take care of myself and my family
- Learn to pick up after myself when I am finished with something
- Improve my emotional intelligence
- Become stronger in my faith
I am sure this list will change as I continue this journey, but for right now this is a good place to start. Thank you to anyone who took the time to read this, and I hope that you are happy with your journey at whatever stage it is on. 🙂